I hit the button to post the article and that was that. I read it once more when it was published to do a onceover on spelling and layout. Once it was good to go, I shared it on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Pinterest.
…then I went to bed.
I thought no more of it as I do my other articles.
“Oh, it will probably get 100 views, and hopefully out of the 100, I’ll get a few new followers.
That’s what I thought to myself.
I only started blogging again two months ago. I have to build my following slowly. No one starts out at the top this soon.
The next morning, I log on to my google adsense app and see that I’ve made $40 in 8 hours.
If you’re not familiar with Google Adsense, $0.40 in 12 hours is good. I made $40?! Then my eyes focused on the number of pageviews.
10,000… and growing
10,000 unique visitors in 8 hours…
I’ve been blogging for 2 months and still hadn’t reach 10,000 unique views total!
I check other my other social media channels and I see that my one article has been shared hundreds of times.
I’m going viral.
My blog received 33,000 unique visitors in 24 hours. and 174,000 Views in 2 weeks. My social media numbers tripled in three months.
After that spike in numbers, I worked my bloggy butt off.
- I went through a blog and branding redesign.
- I networked with other bloggers.
- I tried to create fresh content at least 3x a week.
- I read and reread my content to make sure it was good enough for my audience.
- I wrote at least three different headlines for each post to pick the best one.
- I wrote for me.
- I wrote for my audience.
- I read books on blogging.
- I read other blogs.
- I learned basic html to improve the technical portion of my blog.
- I always kept SEO on mind.
- I used better pictures.
- I worked on my design skills.
- I revamped my social media strategy.
4 months later and I still average 100,000 pageviews monthly.
Before my little post went viral, I always knew that I had good content to share. (Well I guess every blogger thinks they have good content to share.) I just figured that in order to get my numbers to grow, it was just a matter of great content, good marketing, and time.
Well screw time.
If you have great content and decent marketing, you CAN become an overnight blogging success.
Read more to see my 5 (can’t miss) Tips to Grow Your Blog… FAST