Compensation for this post was provided by StarKist Tuna via MSB New Media. All opinions expressed in this piece are my own.
I love companies that support the military and StarKist® is one of them. They’ve provided items for care packages as well as donated thousands of dollars worth of product through their Tuna for Soldiers program. They have been a strong supporter of our troops for many years and is also a proud partner of Wounded Warrior Project® and the Believe in Heroes Campaign.
Recently, they have pledged $100,000 in support of Wounded Warrior Project® and its mission. With the launch of their new Outdoors Tuna Creations® Pouch, what a better way to say “thank you” and rally support. The new tuna packaging is camo-inspired, convenient, and a healthy choice for services members and spouses alike.
Plus StarKist Charlie always gets me nostalgic.
Look how cute he is.
These new pouches come in two flavors, Lemon Pepper and Sweet & Spicy Tuna. StarKist® Outdoors Tuna Creations are available at Wal-Mart and grocery stores nationwide but only through October 2015.
Here are some ways these tuna packages are great for Military Spouses AND Service Members.
For the Spouse
-Convenient: makes for a quick and easy snack or meal addition, there’s little to no prep.
-Healthy: great source for lean protein and heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids, also only 110 calories per pouch
-Variety: different flavors for all taste buds, visit StarKist for recipes
-packaging: no draining, no mixing, no mess
-availability: available in Walmart and most grocery stores across the nation
For the Service member
-Makes for great care packages!
-Keeps for a long time
-Healthy: nutritious source of lean protein
-Convenient: little preparation involved
-Packaging: comes in camo, and that’s awesome by itself!
Other tried and true care packages tips
- Personalize the care package. Include photos, drawings, projects, handwritten notes. These will make a lasting impression for your service member.
- Buy in bulk. Purchasing items in bulk and then splitting them between multiple care packages will save you time and money in the long run.
- Check the expiration date. If you are going to send perishables, make sure you factor in shipping time because it may takes months for your service member to receive the care package. (This is why StarKist® Outdoor Tuna Creations is great for care packages because they keep for so long!)
For more information about StarKist® and StarKist® Outdoor Tuna Creations, follow them on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, and to find great recipes, visit the StarKist® Recipes page.
Ready for the giveaway? Enter below for your chance to win:
- (4) Outdoors Tuna Creation Pouches (2 of each flavor)
- (1) StarKist Charlie the Tuna T-shirt
- (1) StarKist collapsible water bottle
- (1) Starkist Charlie the Tuna key chain
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Connect with StarKist on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!