September is a wonderful month. The weather is not as hot as it is in summer, and the air is just getting a little brisk. School should be back in session, as people gear up the colder weather. Summer is left behind as the anticipation of autumn is near.
Here are 12 quotes about the month of September.
- Make it a September to Remember
- But now in September the garden has cooled, and with it my possessiveness. The sun warms my back instead of beating on my head … The harvest has dwindled, and I have grown apart from the intense midsummer relationship that brought it on. – Robert Finch
- Ah, September! You are the doorway to the season that awakens my soil. – Peggy Toney Horton
- All at once, summer collapsed into fall. -Oscar Wilde
- And then the sun took a step back, the leaves lulled themselves to sleep and Autumn was awaked. – Raquel Franco
- September is the month of wonderful weather – Unknown
- I love September, especially when we’re in it.” — Willie Stargell
- By all these lovely tokens, September days are here. With summer’s best of weather and autumn’s best of cheer. – Helen Hunt Jackson
- Autumn seemed to arrive suddenly that year. The morning of the first September was crisp and golden as an apple. – JK Rowling / Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.
- September tries its best to have us forget summer. – Bernard Williams
- For it’s a long, long while from May to December / But the days grow short when you reach September. — Maxwell Anderson
- September is the month of maturity; the heaped basket and the garnered sheaf. It is the month of climax and completion. September! I never tire of turning it over and over in my mind. It has warmth, depth and colour. It glows like old amber. – Patience Strong (1951). “The Glory of the Garden