Feeling betrayed in a friendship or relationship? Some quotes about betrayal may help you work through this tough situation.
Betrayal is a difficult subject, it can hurt someone so deeply. Sadly, betrayal is something that so many of us will go through in our life at some point in time.
Just know that many of us have felt betrayed before, either by friends, relationships or just those that we thought we trusted. It’s hard to get over being betrayed, but in time we eventually heal and move on.
Readying some sayings about betrayal might help you through this rough period. Below you’ll find a list of betrayal quotes.
Here are 27 Best Betrayal Quotes To Help You Work Through It
- “Betrayal is common for men with no conscience.”― Toba Beta
- “The saddest things about betrayal is that is never comes from your enemies.”― Unknown
- “I’m not mad, I’m hurt. There’s a difference.”― Unknown
- “For there to be betrayal, there would have to have been trust first.” ― Suzanne Collins
- “It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend.”― William Blake
- “If you spend your time hoping someone will suffer the consequences for what they did to your heart, then you’re allowing them to hurt you a second time in your mind.”― Shannon L. Alder
- “Stab the body and it heals, but injure the heart and the wound lasts a lifetime.”― Mineko Iwasaki
- “It’s hard to tell who has your back, from who has it long enough just to stab you in it….”― Nicole Richie
- “To me, the thing that is worse than death is betrayal. You see, I could conceive death, but I could not conceive betrayal.”― Malcolm X
- “If you’re betrayed, release disappointment at once. By that way, the bitterness has no time to take root.” ― Toba Beta
- “The worst pain in the world goes beyond the physical. Even further beyond any other emotional pain one can feel. It is the betrayal of a friend.”― Heather Brewer
- “Betrayal is the only truth that sticks.” ― Arthur Miller
- “When you loved someone and had to let them go, there will always be that small part of yourself that whispers, “What was it that you wanted and why didn’t you fight for it?”― Shannon L. Alder
- “It is more shameful to distrust our friends than to be deceived by them.”― Confucius
- “It’s very easy to get a boy to leave the room. It’s much harder to get him to leave your thoughts.”― Elizabeth Eulberg
- “When no one you know tells the truth, you learn to see under the surface.”― Cassandra Clare
- “Betrayal is never easy to handle and there is no right way to accept it.”― Christine Feehan
- “I lay it down as a fact that if all men knew what others say of them, there would not be four friends in the world.”― Blaise Pascal
- “Even as your body betrays you, your mind denies it.”― Sara Gruen
- “Bittersweet? No, just bitter, the taste of your tongue. Words you can’t have back, so they linger.”― Coco J. Ginger
- “He who trusts the world, the world betrays him.”― Ali Ibn Abi Talib AS
- “Trust, once lost, could not be easily found. Not in a year, perhaps not even in a lifetime.”― J.E.B. Spredemann
- “Pride had kept her running when love had betrayed her.”― Susan Elizabeth Phillips
- “When you care about someone, you can’t just turn that off because you learn they betrayed you.”― Paula Stokes
- “Do you know what love is? I’ll tell you: it is whatever you can still betray.”― John le Carré
- “Shattered legs may heal in time, but some betrayals fester and poison the soul.”― George R.R. Martin
- “Most friendship is feigning, most loving mere folly.”― William Shakespeare
Hopefully you’ll share these betrayal quotes with others. Quotes are always a great way to open your mind to look at a subject differently, to heal and to move on. Each of these betrayal quotes were picked to share with you, and I hope you’ll share them with others too.
- 25 Inspiring Resilience Quotes To Help You Bounce Back
- 35+ Best Jealousy Quotes To Help You Get Through And Move On
- 25 Best Quotes About Making An Effort That Will Help Inspire You