Get some fresh air and enjoy these hiking quotes for your next adventure. Enjoy the great outdoors while being inspired by some of the best quotes about hiking.
If you like getting outside, hiking might be one of your favorite things to do. Here are some of the best quotes about hiking that will want you to lace up your hiking books right now!
Hiking is a wonderful form of exercise that people of all ages can enjoy. If you’ve never gone hiking, then you’re missing out! There are easy trails to more complex, rugged hiking trails to try around the world.
Whether you’re a country person or not, taking a hike can be quite a fun experience. As you hike along a nature trail you will witness our world in ways no other exercise option can provide you. Today I’m sharing my favorite quotes about hiking to inspire your love of hiking or have a newfound love of hiking.
25 Quotes About Hiking
- “Sleeping bags are the soft tacos of the bear world.” – Bears
- “Me thinks that the moment my legs begin to move, my thoughts begin to flow.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “Carry as little as possible, but choose that little with care.” – Apk Ticket
- “After a day’s walk, everything has twice its usual value.” – G.M. Trevelyan
- “A crude meal, no doubt, but the best of all sauces is hunger.” – Edward Abbey
- “Look deep into nature and you will understand everything better.” – Albert Einstein
- “The best thing one can do when it’s raining is to let it rain.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- “Returning home is the most difficult part of long-distance hiking; You have grown outside the puzzle and your piece no longer fits.” – Cindy Ross
- “Walking: the most ancient exercise and still the best modern exercise.” – Carrie Latet
- “Without new experiences, something inside of us sleeps. The sleeper must awaken.” – Frank Herbert
- “It’s not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves.” – Sir Edmund Hillary
- “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” – John Muir
- “There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.” – Beverly Sills
- “A vagrant is everywhere at home.” – Martial
- “Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountains is going home; that wildness is a necessity.” – John Muir
- “I have two doctors, my left leg and my right.” – G.M. Trevelyan
- “Fall down seven times and stand up eight.” – Japanese Proverb
- “Now I see the secret of making the best person, it is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth.” – Walt Whitman
- “When everything feels like an uphill struggle, Just think of the view from the top.” – Anonymous
- “Mountains have a way of dealing with overconfidence.” – Hermann Buhl
- “In every walk with nature, one receives far more than he seeks.” – John Muir
- “Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in an office or mowing the lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain.” – Jack Kerouac
- “In all things of nature there is something of the marvelous.” – Aristotle
- “If you’re going through hell, keep going.” – Winston Churchill
- “We live in a fast-paced society. Walking slows us down.” – Robert Sweetgall
Hiking is a great way to relax, become one with nature, and get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. If you’re looking for something to enjoy today, I highly suggest you use these quotes about hiking to inspire you to get out and get moving up there on the trails.
- 25 Best Quotes About Spring To Bring Some Sunshine To Your Life
- 100+ WANDERLUST NAMES THAT MEAN JOURNEY OR ADVENTURE FOR BOYS AND GIRLS
- 40+ Best Captions Perfect For That Beautiful Sunset Picture