Trying to find the perfect hobby quote to share with other hobbyists? Check out these quotes about hobbies to reaffirm the joy of your favorite hobby.
Do you have a hobby you love? If not, these quotes about hobbies might help you find one that you look forward to. There are so many great hobbies to explore!
Having a hobby is a fantastic way to get relief from everyday stress. Hobbies are a way that adults detach from their regularly scheduled life to have a little pleasure. Hobbies are a way for kids to learn new interests.
Hobbies are a positive thing in any person’s life no matter how young or old. Today I’ll feature my favorite quotes about hobbies to inspire you to add a hobby or two into your life today.
25 Quotes About Hobbies
- “My personal hobbies are reading, listening to music, and silence.” – Edith Sitwell
- “Persistence. Perfection. Patience. Power. Prioritize your passion. It keeps you sane.” – Criss Jami, Killosophy
- “Books are not about passing time. They’re about other lives. Other worlds. Far from wanting time to pass, one just wishes one had more of it. If one wanted to pass the time one could go to New Zealand.” – Alan Bennett, The Uncommon Reader
- “I can elect something I love and absorb myself in it.” – Anaïs Nin, The Diary of Anaïs Nin, Vol. 1: 1931-1934
- “It can be coins or sports or politics or horses or music or faith… the saddest people I’ve ever met in life are the ones who don’t care deeply about anything at all. Passion and satisfaction go hand in hand, and without them, any happiness is only temporary, because there’s nothing to make it last.” – Nicholas Sparks, Dear John
- “If you are losing your leisure, look out! — It may be you are losing your soul.” – Virginia Woolf
- “You have to take an interest in something in life, I told myself. I wondered what could interest me, now that I was finished with love. I could take a course in wine tasting, maybe, or start collecting model airplanes.” – Michel Houellebecq, Soumission
- “Find three hobbies you love: One to make you money, one to keep you in shape and one to be creative.” -Anonymous
- “Engage in tasks and hobbies that bring you joy, like reading a book or going for a run.” -Jeff Gunn
- We do not develop anything with one giant step. No matter who you are, or what you do, each one of us had had to take a lot of individual steps to accomplish a task, a job, a career, or even a hobby. Each step serves to move us forward even if it is an inch at a time. Catherine Pulsifer, Little Steps
- “Retirement gives you the time literally to recreate yourself through a sport, game, or hobby that you always wanted to try or that you haven’t done in years.” Steven D. Price, How to Survive Retirement
- “We should make some time in between and organize our life, relax ourselves and spend more time with our family, friends, and pursue our own hobbies.” Robert Gallagher, Stress Management
- “Happy is the man who can make a living by his hobby.” George Bernard Shaw
- “Hobbies may eventually grow into a major activity that brings money.” Sunday Adelaja
- “Surround yourself with what you love, whether it’s family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever.” George Carlin
- “In their time away from work and the hassles of daily life, people tend to display their passions and personal interests. Someone’s hobbies can reveal a lot about their personality.” David S. Walton, Influence: The Influence Blueprint
- “There is no better confidence or self-esteem boost than learning a new skill, trade, piece of software, or even a new hobby. It will give you that sense of accomplishment we all like to experience.” Christopher Epstein, Self Esteem
- “Reading is the noblest of all the hobbies, that is why people mention it so frequently in their resume even if they don’t read much.” Amit Kalantri
- “Martial arts is such a great hobby for a lawyer-executive type like myself because it not only forces you to relieve physical and mental tension but also forces you to maintain your physical fitness, which gets much harder as you age.” Cash Nickerson, Listening as a Martial Art
- “One of the greatest ways to triumph over wanting to eat constantly is to teach yourself how to focus on something else — something you enjoy doing. In other words, get a hobby!” Nancy S. Mure
- “There are more opportunities now than ever before to even make a small, part-time business out of a hobby you love.” Sarah Lillard, DIY Liquid Soaps for Beginner
- “Knitting is a relaxing hobby that you can do anytime, anywhere. It is also cheaper because you do not need to buy a lot of materials and equipment.” Tatyana Williams, Knitting Socks
- “The main thing to remember is this. Your new hobby is supposed to be fun.” Mark D. Smith, Metal Detecting
- “Hobby means doing something for the fun of it, not necessarily to make a living.” Theresa A. Husarik, Hobby Farming For Dummies
- “Pay attention to what you wish you were doing when you’re doing something else.” Joyce Rachelle
There you have it, 25 quotes about hobbies to help you get inspired to start a hobby today. There are so many hobbies you can get into regardless of your age or social standing. I hope that these 25 quotes about hobbies have inspired you to try something new today.
- 25 Powerful Quotes About Confidence To Improve Your Self-Esteem
- 25 Brilliant Quotes About Books- Best Quotes About Reading
- 25 Best Quotes About Being Different To Inspire You To Be Yourself