Searching for the best quotes about being single? You can be proud to be single with these quotes about being single (and happy!).
We’ve all been single a time or two. If you’re looking for some great quotes about being single, you’ll find some popular and good ones here.
Love it or hate it, we’ve all been single from time to time. Today I’m featuring quotes about being single to help you embrace this relationship status.
Take this time while you’re single to enjoy life and figure out what your passions are. Being single isn’t the end of the world, it can actually be a wonderful time to grow to love yourself while searching for that special person who you spend forever with.
Best Quotes About Being Single
- “I am learning to love the sound of my feet walking away from things that are not meant for me.” —Unknown
- “Being single means you’re strong enough to wait for what you deserve.” —Niall Horan
- “As a self-described idealistic, I never consider myself as single. I like to say that I’m in between romances at the moment.” —Carl Henegan
- “If you truly want to be respected by people you love, you must prove to them that you can survive without them.” ―Michael Bassey Johnson, The Infinity Sign
- “You are terrifying, and strange, and beautiful. Something not everyone knows how to love.” —Warsan Shire
- “I think it’s very healthy to spend time alone. You need to know how to be alone and not defined by another person.” —Oscar Wilde
- “My alone feels so good, I’ll only have you if you’re sweeter than my solitude.” —Warsan Shire
- “Too many women throw themselves into romance because they’re afraid of being single, then start making compromises and losing their identity. I won’t do that.” —Julie Delpy
- “It takes a strong person to remain single in a world that is accustomed to settling with anything just to say they have something.” —Anonymous
- “Hope for love, pray for love, wish for love, dream for love… but don’t put your life on hold waiting for love.” —Mandy Hale, The Single Woman: Life, Love, and a Dash of Sass
- “I think, therefore I’m single.” —Liz Winston
- “Being single isn’t a time to be looking for love. Use that time to work on yourself and grow as an individual.” —Anonymous
- “If you aren’t happy single, you won’t be happy taken. Happiness comes from within, not from men.” —Anonymous
- “I love being single. I can come and go as I please and stay out as late as I want to.” —Eric Dickerson
- “To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance.” —Oscar Wilde
- “I don’t need a man to rectify my existence. The most profound relationship we’ll ever have is the one with ourselves.” —Shirley MacLaine
- “I’ve been single for a while and I have to say, it’s going very well. Like… it’s working out. I think I’m the one.” —Emily Heller
- “Being brave enough to be alone frees you up to invite people into your life because you want them and not because you need them.” —Mandy Hale
- “I don’t like to be labeled as lonely just because I am alone.” —Delta Burke
- “Sometimes you have to stand alone to prove that you can still stand.” —Anonymous
- “I like being single — I’m always there when I need me.” —Art Leo
- “I regard romantic comedies as a subgenre of sci-fi, in which the world operates according to different rules than my regular human world.” —Mindy Kaling
- “I’m not single. I’m not taken. I’m simply on reserve for the one who deserves my heart.” —Anonymous
- “Being single used to mean that nobody wanted you. Now it means you’re pretty sexy and you’re taking your time deciding how you want your life to be and who you want to spend it with.” —Carrie Bradshaw
- “Discover why you’re important, then refuse to settle for anyone who doesn’t completely agree.” —Fisher Amelie
- “It seemed to me that the desire to get married — which, I regret to say, I believe is basic and primal in women — is followed almost immediately by an equally basic and primal urge, which is to be single again.” —Nora Ephron
- “It is better to lock up your heart with a merciless padlock, than to fall in love with someone who doesn’t know what they mean to you.” ― Michael Bassey Johnson, The Infinity Sign
There you have it, here are some of the top quotes about being single to enjoy. These quotes about being single are fun, truthful and can help you or a friend look at single life in a whole new way.Hope that you enjoyed this list of the best quotes about being single.
- 25 Long Distance Relationship Date Ideas and Activities
- 50+ Inspirational True Love Quotes
- 100 Short and Cute Love Texts To Send