Searching for ex quotes for your former flame? Help deal with past relationships by reading these quotes about exes.
Some of these quotes about exes just might hit home. If you’ve ever dealt with an ex in your life, some of these quotes are going to speak directly to your heart.
Breaking up with someone can be hard because most people know as soon as you become an ex the friendship is usually disintegrated as well. Whether you’re good friends with your ex or not, the truth is having an ex can be a part of learning from your mistakes, growing into a better person, and perhaps even learning to set boundaries you neglected to set during that past relationship.
Below are some of the best quotes about exes.
25 Quotes About Exes
- “One relationship ends but life goes on. Your ‘Ex’ was just a stepping stone to something better.” – Sushan R Sharma
- “Why are old lovers able to become friends? Two reasons. They never truly loved each other, or they love each other still.” ― Whitney Otto, How to Make an American Quilt
- “Some people don’t realize what they have until it’s gone, but that does not always mean they are supposed to get it back.” ― Stephan Labossiere
- “Men who make all the decisions in a relationship are also the ones who will blame you when they don’t work out as they expected.” ― Heather Chapple, Write like no one is reading
- “You’re gone and you left me. My heart has dissipated. The only thing I can feel is the blood rushing through my veins and the strings that hold my fragile heart together.” ― Karen Quan, Write like no one is reading 2
- “This is why we call people exes, I guess – because the paths that cross in the middle end up separating at the end. it’s too easy to see an X as a cross-out. it’s not, because there’s no way to cross out something like that. the X is a diagram of two paths.” ― John Green, Will Grayson, Will Grayson
- “Your enemies don’t have a chance when your spirit knows how to run, swim and fly beyond the evil they carry within them.” ― Shannon L. Alder
- “Dating an ex is the equivalent of failing a test you already had the answers to.” – Kendrick Cole
- “The best revenge you can get on your ex is to move on and let them see you happy with someone that treats you better than they did.” – Sonya Parker
- “How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.” – Carol Sobieski and Thomas Meehan
- “Regardless, ex-boyfriends are just off-limits to friends. I mean, that’s just the rules of feminism.” – Mean Girls
- “All discarded lovers should be given a second chance, but with somebody else.” – Mae West
- “You can choose to be happy or sad and whichever you choose that is what you get. No one is really responsible to make someone else happy, no matter what most people have been taught and accept as true.” – Sidney Madwed
- “Never regret. If it’s good, it’s wonderful. If it’s bad, it’s experience.” – Victoria Holt
- “Sometimes a woman will look back on what she had, not because she wants to go there but to motivate her to do better.” – Reuben ” Mulah Truth ” Holmes II
- “We are all trying to get over the person who broke our hearts. We are all far from perfect.” – Alex Rosa
- “I don’t think much about guys from the past. I’m glad I knew them, but there’s a reason they didn’t make it into my future.” – Lorraine Zago Rosenthal
- “One relationship ends but life goes on. Your Ex’ was just a stepping stone to something better.” – Sushan R Sharma
- “If you feel the need to insult your ex or their new lover, you obviously still have feelings for them.” – Alexis Rose
- “Going back to your ex is like reading a book you have already read. The outcome will always be the same.” – Matthew Donnell
- “If you really love something set it free. If it comes back it’s yours, if not it wasn’t meant to be.” – unknown
- “It may seem like the hardest thing in the world, but you have to forget the guy who forgot about you.” – The Notebook
- “You’re still my person, even if I’m not yours.” – Grey’s Anatomy
- “The truth is that it hurts because it’s real. It hurts because it mattered. And that’s an important thing to acknowledge to yourself.” – John Greene
- “Failed relationships can be described as so much wasted make-up.” – Marian Keyes
There you have it 25 quotes about exes to sit back, read and enjoy. Perhaps you can share a few with a friend who’s going through a breakup or someone who’s hanging onto an ex, when they should be moving on. These quotes about exes are certainly entertaining and open your mind to view breakups through a different lens.
- 25 Best Quotes About Bad Relationships To Help You Move On
- 50+ Inspirational True Love Quotes
- 25 Best Quotes About Being Single (And Happy!)