Interested in hero quotes that inspire yourself and others? Here are some quotes about heroes to motivate the heroism in everyone.
Do you need a hero in your life? Maybe you’re actually already your own hero! These are some of the best quotes about heroes that can give you the confidence you need.
Heroes come in all shapes and sizes. Whether it’s a friend next door, the firefighter down the road, or a superhero, there are all types of heroes that come into our life from time to time to save the day. Today I wanted to take a moment to feature my favorite quotes about heroes to help inspire you to show an appreciation for a local hero in your life today.
25 Quotes About Heroes
- “A hero. You want to be one of those rare human beings who make history, rather than merely watch it flow around them like water around a rock.” Dan Simmons
- “I think a hero is any person really intent on making this a better place for all people.” Maya Angelou
- “The hero sees values beyond what’s possible. That’s the nature of a hero. It kills him, of course, ultimately. But it makes the whole struggle of humanity worthwhile.” John Gardner
- “We do not have to become heroes overnight. Just a step at a time, meeting each thing that comes up … discovering we have the strength to stare it down.” Eleanor Roosevelt
- “The fame of heroes owes little to the extent of their conquests and all to the success of the tributes paid to them.” Jean Genet
- “Nothing is given to man on earth – the struggle is built into the nature of life, and conflict is possible – the hero is the man who lets no obstacle prevent him from pursuing the values he has chosen.” Andrew Bernstein
- “Real change in society must start from individual initiative.” The Dalai Lama
- “Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Heroes are made in the hour of defeat. Success is, therefore, well described as a series of glorious defeats.” Mahatma Gandhi
- “The hero is commonly the simplest and obscurest of men.” Henry David Thoreau
- “A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is braver five minutes longer.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “The legacy of heroes is the memory of a great name and the inheritance of a great example.” Benjamin Disraeli
- “The ordinary man is involved in the action, the hero acts. An immense difference.” Henry Miller
- “A hero is a man who is afraid to run away.” English Proverb
- “The prudent see only the difficulties, the bold only the advantages, of a great enterprise; the hero sees both; diminishes the former and makes the latter preponderate, and so conquers.” Johann Kaspar Lavater
- “Being a hero is about the shortest-lived profession on earth.” Will Rogers
- “Heroes are created by popular demand, sometimes out of the scantiest materials.” Gerald W. Johnson
- “Heroes are not known by the loftiness of their carriage; the greatest braggarts are generally the merest cowards.” Jean Jacques Rousseau
- “Heroism is not only in the man, but in the occasion.” Calvin Coolidge
- “I think of a hero as someone who understands the degree of responsibility that comes with his freedom.” Bob Dylan
- “The hero is one who kindles a great light in the world, who sets up blazing torches in the dark streets of life for men to see by.” Felix Adler
- “True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others, at whatever cost.” Arthur Ashe
- “The world’s battlefields have been in the heart chiefly; more heroism has been displayed in the household and the closet, than on the most memorable battlefields in history.” Henry Ward Beecher
- “To have no heroes is to have no aspiration, to live on the momentum of the past, to be thrown back upon routine, sensuality, and the narrow self.” Charles Horton Cooley
- “A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles.” Christopher Reeve
It’s awesome to have the experience of having a hero in our life. These 25 quotes about heroes should inspire you to show some appreciation for those heroes who have touched your life at some point in time.
- 25 Powerful Quotes About Confidence To Improve Your Self-Esteem
- 25 Inspiring Resilience Quotes To Help You Bounce Back
- 25 Best Quotes About Doing the Right Thing To Help Inspire You