Veterans Day is a day to honor those who served who have the fortune of coming back home. We should be honoring America’s veterans every day of the year. November 11 is a national day to recognize the sacrifices of our nation’s heroes. Here are some patriotic Veterans Day Quotes to to help say thank you to our America’s military, past and present.
- To our men and women in uniform, past, present, and future, God bless you and thank you.
- A true hero isn’t measured by the size of his strength, but by the strength of his heart. – Hercules
- Honor to the soldier and sailor everywhere, who bravely bears his country’s cause. Honor, also, to the citizen who cares for his brother in the field and serves, as he best can, the same cause. -Abraham Lincoln
- A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself. -Joseph Campbell
- America’s veterans embody the ideals upon which America was founded more than 229 years ago. -Steve Buyer
- America must never forget your sacrifices
- The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave. -Patrick Henry
- For the veteran, thank you for bravely doing what you’re called to do so we can safely do what we’re free to do
- In the face of impossible odds, people who love this country, can change it – Barack Obama
- On this Veterans Day, let us remember the service of our veterans, and let us renew our national promise to fulfill our sacred obligations to our veterans and their families who have sacrificed so much so that we can live free. – Dan Lipinski
- My heroes are those who risk their lives every day to protect our world and make it a better place — police, firefighters, and members of our armed forces. -Sidney Sheldon
- To those in uniform serving today and to those who have served in the past, we honor you today and every day.
- The willingness of America’s veterans to sacrifice for our country has earned them our lasting gratitude. -Jeff Miller
- We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude.- Cynthia Ozick
- Our flag does not fly because the wind moves it… it flies with the last breath of each soldier who died protecting it
- Home of the free because of the brave.
- If you want to thank a soldier, be the kind of American worth fighting for
- America’s Veterans have served their country with the belief that democracy and freedom are ideals to be upheld around the world. -John Doolittle
- To all who have put their lives on the line in defense of the flat, thank you.
- American without her soldiers would be like God without his angels – Claudia Pemberton
- This will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave. – Elmer Davis
- In valor there is hope. -Publius Cornelius Tacitus
- Better than honor and glory, and History’s iron pen, Was the thought of duty done and the love of his fellow-men. -Richard Watson Gilder
- How important it is for us to recognize and celebrate our heroes and she-roes! Maya Angelou
- For your bravery, hard work, and dedication to our country, we thank you
- The secret of happiness is freedom, and the secret of freedom, courage. – Thucydides
- As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. -John Fitzgerald Kennedy
- Freedom is never free
- Honoring the sacrifices many have made for our country in the name of freedom and democracy is the very foundation of Veterans Day. -Charles B. Rangel
- Never was so much owed by so many to so few –Winston Churchill
What is Veterans Day?
Veterans Day is an annual federal holiday in the United States that is observed on November 11th to honor and express gratitude to all military veterans who have served in the U.S. Armed Forces. It is a day to recognize and thank veterans for their selfless service, sacrifice, and patriotism to the country.
Veterans Day was originally called Armistice Day and was established on November 11, 1919, to commemorate the end of World War I, which officially ended on November 11, 1918, at 11:00 am. In 1954, President Dwight D. Eisenhower signed a bill into law that changed the name of the holiday from Armistice Day to Veterans Day, to honor all American veterans who have served their country in times of war or peace.
On Veterans Day, ceremonies and parades are held across the country to honor veterans and their service. It is also a day for Americans to express their gratitude and support for those who have served and continue to serve in the military.
READ: 125+ UNIQUE AMERICAN PATRIOTIC NAMES (FOR BOYS, GIRLS, PETS)
How To Thank A Service Member
There are many ways to show your appreciation and gratitude for the service members who have served our country. Here are some ways to thank a service member:
- Say “Thank You”: One of the simplest ways to thank a service member is to say “Thank you” in person or in a handwritten note. This small gesture can go a long way in expressing your gratitude.
- Attend a Veterans Day Event: Attend a Veterans Day parade, ceremony or event in your community to show your support and honor the service members in attendance.
- Donate to a Veterans Organization: Consider donating to a veterans organization that provides support and assistance to veterans and their families. There are many reputable organizations that work to help veterans in need.
- Send Care Packages: Send care packages to deployed service members to let them know that they are not forgotten and that their service is appreciated. You can find organizations that facilitate care package deliveries to deployed troops.
- Offer Your Skills: Offer your skills or services to help a veteran in need, such as volunteering at a veterans’ hospital, mentoring a veteran or offering to assist with home repairs or transportation.
- Remember, showing appreciation and gratitude to our service members should be a year-round effort, not just on Veterans Day.
READ: DIY MILITARY APPRECIATION CARDS TO THANK SERVICE MEMBERS AND VETERANS