This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Walmart. All opinions are 100% mine.
Our son recently turned one and we couldn’t be happier. That first year was the most ecstatic/nervous, blessed/stressed, happy/frustrated time of my life. Junior is our first child and as a new mom, I have never felt the amount of pride and joy as I do when I see our son grow, change, and prosper.
I remember when we were first doing our baby registry on walmart.com. I wanted to be prepared for anything and everything. While I didn’t end up being prepared for EVERYTHING. With the help of Pampers® and Walmart, I was able to be equipped with all the essentials.
Putting a baby registry together is one of the most exciting things expectant parents can do. It makes things seem “real.” The registry at Walmart.com is super easy to use and there are so many quality products that can fit anyone’s budget. For example, I made sure to add Pampers Swaddlers Super Pack Diapers in sizes newborn, 1, and 2 because it is the #1 choice of hospitals*.
On my original registry, I definitely made sure to put down the essentials. Here are a few of the must-haves for your baby registry.
- Crib/crib mattress
- Crib sheets
- Changing Table and Pad
- Car seat
- Play yard
- Pampers Swaddlers Super Pack Diapers
- Pampers® Sensitive Wipes
- sleepers/wearable blanket
- baby soap and/or lotion
- a few shirts, pants, socks, mittens
- a hat and jacket if it is cold
On Walmart.com ‘s baby registry, there is a handy-dandy checklist so you make sure to mark down the essentials vs the “nice-to-haves”. It’s also great for categorizing what you would need. One year later, I look back and see what I wished I put on baby registry.
Here are 5 Things I Wish I put On Our Registry
- Play yard- We have a dog, and it would have been nice for a place for the baby to have floor time and be safe from any hazards.
- Receiving blankets- LOTS of them, we received a few but receiving blankets came in handy when they doubled as burpcloths, changing pads, towels etc.
- Childproofing products- I thought I would have plenty of time before the baby would be on the move. I was wrong. It’s better to have these things sooner rather than later.
- Waterproof Mattress Pad- This would have been a lifesaver. Babies are bound to make messes, especailly in their crib. This helps extend mattress life.
- Baby Grooming Set- Those little nails can get sharp. It would be great to get a hang of the nail clipping when he was less mobile.
To help you out, here would be my new and improved baby registry after everything I learned as new mom after the first year.
Being a new mom is an absolute joy. You can also read the stories and tips of other new moms at here Pampers Baby Basics for Any Mom on Walmart.com’s Parent & Baby Center
What other things have you put on your baby registry?
*based on hospital sales data
photo credit: MissMessie via photopin cc