My husband and I are pretty honest with each other. That doesn’t mean that there aren’t certain things I want to say to him. I hold back because frankly, it’s not worth the extra questions or the epic battle in some cases. I’m sure there are things he would like to tell me as well.
While discussing with other military spouses, I found that we want to say a lot of things in common which is where this list came from. Here are 18 things Military wives (secretly) want to say to their husbands.
- I hate being called dependent
- I know being a military wife is not harder than your job, but it’s still pretty fricking hard! Cut me a break!
- I want to kick your boss in the nuts sometimes
- I don’t want to resent you for the loss of my career because I supported yours, but there are times I feel jealous that you’re progressing in your career while I’m not.
- I’m scared of what the future will be like once this military lifestyle has ended
- Why are officers such douchebags?
- Why are enlisted members such douchebags?
- Just because I “knew what I was getting into” doesn’t mean you can throw it in my face every time I vent
- No offense, but I’m more around to parent, so I feel as though what I say, goes
- I’m more around to parent, why do the kids like you more?
- I wonder what life would be like if you weren’t in the military
- It makes me feel good when the gate guard hits on me
- I pretend to like your coworkers wives when really I just miss my friends back home.
- All those people you introduced me to at the ball… I remember not one name.
- Yes, you have been putting on weight. Buck up so you can pass the physical.
- Every time you deploy, I’m 99.9% sad, and 0.01% happy (you kinda have been pissing me off lately)
- Please get out of the military early
- Please don’t EVER leave the military
Do you hold back? Or do you tell your husband stuff outright?
Don’t Forget To Read…THE REBUTTAL… 18 THINGS SERVICE MEMBERS (secretly) WANT TO TELL THEIR WIVES
Need more on military life? Check out the Ultimate Handbook for modern military spouses and significant others.