Don’t get me wrong. As a whole, the military has done great things for our family. However, there are times when you know that either a) you’re not getting the full story or b) they’re lying to you. Sometimes it’s done for OPSEC, sometimes it’s done to keep military spouses less worried. But aren’t there times when you just want the full story? Some military spouses CAN handle the truth, and nothing but the TRUTH.
Here are 9 lies you might encounter as a military spouse:
1) You’ll happily travel the world…
and the movers will damage half of your stuff doing so.
2) There’s exciting new things at every duty station.
There’s a Walmart.
3) You’ll meet so many new people…
and half of them are bat-shit crazy
4) Your husband won’t deploy THAT much.
Husband, what husband?
5) We’ll take good care of your spouse on deployment.
We’re going to get him drunk and tell him to hit on the stripper.
6) Homecoming will be at (Time, Month, Day)
Girl, please. Wear some comfy shoes because you’ll be waiting a looooong time.
7) You’ll have him back by Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Years/Valentine’s Day etc.
We need to tell the ombudsman/FRSA to email you saying that’s homecoming’s been delayed. That way you won’t get mad at us. Right?
8) We take care of military families.
Just ignore all that talk about cutting Pay/BAH/COLA/Pensions/Benefits/MWR
9) You guys have the toughest job in the military.
Please don’t complain to the CoC about some petty bullshit.
Have you been told other lies?