Going through a tough time? Here are the best quotes about resilience for your mental health, for inspiration, for strength, for recovery and positive thoughts.
Being resilient is a great way to survive in this world. Being able to adapt to new circumstances, keep pushing forward through hard times and living through challenges will help you become more resilient as you get older.
This difficult time will hopefully pass but in the meantime you can look to resilience quotes to help pull you through. Below are some favorite resilience quotes for you to enjoy.
Here Are 25 Inspiring Resilience Quotes To Help Empower You
- “We will either find a way, or make one.” – Anibal Barca
- “Resilience isn’t a single skill. It’s a variety of skills and coping mechanisms. To bounce back from bumps in the road as well as failures, you should focus on emphasizing the positive.” – Jean Chatzky
- “Persistence and resilience only come from having been given the chance to work though difficult problems.” – Gever Tulley
- “Someone said adversity builds character, but someone else said adversity reveals character. I’m pleasantly surprised with my resilience. I persevere, and not just blindly. I take the best, get rid of the rest, and move on, realizing that you can make a choice to take the good.” – Brooke Shields
- “It’s fine when you careen off disasters and terrifyingly bad reviews and rejection and all that stuff when you’re young; your resilience is just terrific.” – Harold Prince
- “Part of resilience is deciding to make yourself miserable over something that matters, or deciding to make yourself miserable over something that doesn’t matter.” – Elizabeth Edwards
- “I’m inspired by people that are marginal. I’m excited by their resilience. ” – Mira Nair
- “When we tackle obstacles, we find hidden reserves of courage and resilience we did not know we had. And it is only when we are faced with failure do we realize that these resources were always there within us. We only need to find them and move on with our lives.” – A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
- “Resilience is woven deeply into the fabric of Oklahoma. Throw us an obstacle, and we grow stronger.” – Brad Henry
- “Resilience is, of course, necessary for a warrior. But a lack of empathy isn’t.” – Phil Klay
- “The moment we believe that success is determined by an ingrained level of ability as opposed to resilience and hard work, we will be brittle in the face of adversity.” – Joshua Waitzkin
- “In order to succeed, people need a sense of self-efficacy, to struggle together with resilience to meet the inevitable obstacles and inequities of life.” – Albert Bandura
- “Resilience is knowing that you are the only one that has the power and the responsibility to pick yourself up.” – Mary Holloway
- “She stood in the storm and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted her sails.” – Elizabeth Edwards
- “The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” – Nelson Mandela
- “Life doesn’t get easier or more forgiving; we get stronger and more resilient.” – Dr. Steve Maraboli
- “Resilience is accepting your new reality, even if it’s less good than the one you had before. You can fight it, you can do nothing but scream about what you’ve lost, or you can accept that and try to put together something that’s good.” – Elizabeth Edwards
- “No matter how much falls on us, we keep plowing ahead. That’s the only way to keep the roads clear.” – Greg Kincaid
- “Rock bottom became the solid foundation in which I rebuilt my life.”- J.K. Rowling
- “Someone I once loved gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand that this, too, was a gift.” – Mary Oliver
- “Out of massive suffering emerged the strongest souls; the most massive character are seared with scars.” – Khalil Gibran
- “Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.” – Ambrose Redmoon
- “I can be changed by what happens to me. But I refuse to be reduced by it.” – Maya Angelou
- “The best people possess a feeling for beauty, the courage to take risks, the discipline to tell the truth, the capacity for sacrifice.
Ironically, their virtues make them vulnerable; they are often wounded, sometimes destroyed.” – Ernest Hemingway
- “It’s your reaction to adversity, not adversity itself that determines how your life’s story will develop.” – Dieter F. Uchtdorf
Share some of these resilience quotes with your friends and family today! Hopefully these quotes inspire you to continue on in life, love and business.
- 30 Best Quotes About Insecurity To Help You Work Through it
- 25 True Happiness Quotes To Instantly Make You Feel Better
- 50+ Inspirational Quotes About Life