Trying to find some self-discovery quotes for your journey? Here are some of the best quotes about finding yourself.
These quotes about finding yourself might be just what you need. Why feel lost when you can use these words for guidance? You just might hold the answer inside yourself all along.
As an adult, you’re constantly on a journey to find yourself. With each new experience comes a new chance to grow and learn more about the person you’ve become. The experiences we face in life help us adapt our personality into a whole new person as we venture forward in our adult life. Below are the top 25 favorite quotes about finding yourself to help inspire you along the path of finding yourself.
25 Quotes About Finding Yourself
- “I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.” — Henry David Thoreau
- “A person often meets his destiny on the road he took to avoid it.” – Jean de La Fontaine
- “What you discover on your own is always more exciting than what someone else discovers for you – it’s like the marriage between romantic love and an arranged marriage.” – Terrence Rafferty
- “Just when I think I have learned the way to live, life changes.” – Hugh Prather
- “It’s a helluva start, being able to recognize what makes you happy.” – Lucille Ball
- “Man never knows what he wants; he aspires to penetrate mysteries and as soon as he has, he wants to reestablish them. Ignorance irritates him and knowledge cloys.” – Henri Frederic Amiel
- “The man who views the world at fifty the same as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life.” – Muhammad Ali
- “Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” – Aristotle
- “People often say that this or that person has not yet found himself. But the self is not something one finds, it is something one creates.” – Thomas Szasz
- “If you don’t get lost, there’s a chance you may never be found.” – Anonymous
- “Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.” – Carl Jung
- “You will recognize your own path when you come upon it, because you will suddenly have all the energy and imagination you will ever need.” – Jerry Gillies
- “There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that’s your own self.” – Aldous Huxley
- “The greatest explorer on this earth never takes voyages as long as those of the man who descends to the depth of his heart.” – Julien Green
- “A man’s growth is seen in the successive choirs of his friends.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Man can starve from a lack of self-realization as much as… from a lack of bread.” – Richard Wright, Native Son, 1940
- “Why should we honor those that die upon the field of battle? A man may show as reckless a courage in entering into the abyss of himself.”– William Butler Yeats
- “For most men, life is a search for the proper manila envelope in which to get themselves filed.” – Clifton Fadiman
- “Know yourself. Don’t accept your dog’s admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful.” – Ann Landers
- “I can teach anybody how to get what they want out of life. The problem is that I can’t find anybody who can tell me what they want.” – Mark Twain
- “Like an old gold-panning prospector, you must resign yourself to digging up a lot of sand from which you will later patiently wash out a few minute particles of gold ore.” – Dorothy Bryant
- “It is the individual who knows how little they know about themselves who stands the most reasonable chance of finding out something about themselves before they die.” – S. I. Hayakawa
- “There is no satisfaction that can compare with looking back across the years and finding you’ve grown in self-control, judgment, generosity, and unselfishness.” – Ella Wheeler Wilcox
- “There are three things extremely hard: steel, a diamond, and to know one’s self.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “The longer I love, the more beautiful life becomes. If you foolishly ignore beauty, you will soon find yourself without it.” – Frank Lloyd Wright
I hope that you enjoyed these 25 quotes about finding yourself that I shared today. Hopefully, these quotes will inspire you to go on a little journey, a journey of finding yourself no matter how far along the path of life you are.
- Do You Stand Up For Yourself At Work?
- 25 Best Quotes About Being Different To Inspire You To Be Yourself
- 31 Best Compassion Quotes To Inspire Empathy In Yourself And Others