If you love cats, you’re going to love these quotes about cats. Dare I say that they’re purr-fect?!
Cat owners (or just cat lovers) are crazy about their cats. From the newest little kitten to the old cat on your couch, felines are certainly something special. Celebrate your cat with a fun quote about cats.
These cat quotes can be used in a caption, a status update, a text message or just serve as a simple reminder of how much you love cats. Cats are loverly creatures that many people own as pets.
Whether you love cats or just tolerate them, you’ll enjoy these 25 quotes about cats that I’m sharing with you today. These four-legged fur-balls can be entertaining, independent and often seem to have a mind of their own. Whether you own a cat or simply adore cats, we’re certain that you’ll enjoy these quotes about cats. Some are funny, sad and just down-right entertaining.
25 Quotes About Cats
- “The animal that the Egyptians worshiped as divine and the Romans worshiped as a symbol of freedom, has shown in all ages two closely linked characteristics: courage and self-respect.” – Dave Barry
- “Cats are independent, which means intelligent.” – Unknown
- “A cat has beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, all the virtues of man without his vices” – Lord Byron
- “When I play with my cat, who knows if she is having more fun with me than I’m having with him.” – Unknown
- “The cat is accused of being lazy, for choosing furniture that’s softer when he rests or plays; just like men. Of stalking weaker enemies than them; the same as men. Of being reluctant to all obligations; just like men, once again.” – Antonio Burgos
- “It is good to have a lot of cats around. If you feel bad, you look at the cats and you feel better, because they know that things are as they are.” – Charles Bukowski
- “I think that cats are spirits incarnated on Earth. A cat, I am sure, could walk on a cloud without falling through it.” -Jules Verne
- “A Meow is a massage to the heart.” – Stuart McMillan
- “I wish that my writing was as mysterious as a cat.” – Edgar Allan Poe
- “God made the cat to offer men the pleasure of stroking a tiger.” – Francois Joseph Mery
- “Elegance wanted body and life, which is why it turned into a cat.” – William IX, Duque of Aquitaine
RELATED: 50+ Hiss-terically Purr-fect Cat Puns For Any Cat Lover
- “Cats know instinctively the exact time their masters are going to wake up, and wake them ten minutes earlier.” – Jim Davis
- “It is a very difficult task to earn a cat’s affection; they will be your friend if you feel that you are worthy of their friendship, but not your slave.” – Théophile Gautier
- “If I prefer cats to dogs it is because there are no police cats.” – Jack Cocteau
- “Of course you can love a cat more than a man. In fact, man is the most horrible animal creation.” – Brigitte Bardot
- “Dogs look at us as their gods, horses as their peers, but the cats look to us as their subjects.”- Winston Churchill
- “If it were possible to cross a man with a cat, man would improve, but it would deteriorate the cat.”- Mark Twain
- “I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior.” – Hippolyte Taine
- “My cat never laughs or complains, he is always reasoning.” – Miguel de Unamuno
- “You can’t ever be a cat owner; in the best of cases, it allows you to be their companion.” – Harry Swanson
- “Man has two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.” – Albert Schweitezer
- “Cats have an absolute emotional honesty; humans, for one reason or another, may hide their feelings, but the cat, does not.” – Ernest Hemingway
- “Cats are mysterious; they have more on their mind that we could never imagine.” -Walter Scott
- “All cat always seek, and will usually find more comfortable room within a room selected at random.”
- “To keep a true perspective of what we are worth, everyone should have a dog that we adore and a cat that we ignore.”
There you have it, 25 quotes about cats to enjoy. You can print them to make your own wall art at home, at the office or anywhere really. Give a quote on a special coffee cup or homemade t-shirt to that cat lover in your life. I hope that you enjoyed reading these 25 quotes. If you did please share them with your friends online.
- 25 Best Quotes About Pets That Every Animal Lover Would Understand
- 31 Best Compassion Quotes To Inspire Empathy In Yourself And Others
- 250+ Outstanding Orange Names For Your Ginger Kitty
- 250+ Best Black Cat Names That Are Just Plain Brilliant