20 Ways You Know You’re an Army Wife
- Because Hooah!
- You’ve learned to sleep through the sounds of PT, helicopters, artillery, etc
- You’ve watched at least one episode of Army Wives
- You drive “on post”, not on base
- You tell people he’s “only” been gone a month
- You know your house in weight, not rooms
- You dress up for skype dates
- You’ve been the happiest (picking up) and saddest (dropping off) at the USO part of the airport for an R&R
- You can tell the difference between Army, Air Force, and Marine uniforms
- You know what “getting back from the field” means
- People give you a blank look when you try to explain the difference between a unit, company, battalion, etc
- You say they are “downrange” instead of “deployed”
- You know that the grey pt shirt is terrible at hiding sweat
- You chuckled when your spouse was happy they switched from berets to patrol caps
- You find PT glowbelts in the strangest places of your home
- Since most army bases are in the middle of nowhere, you’ve come to accept Wal-Marts as a main shopping hub
- You know to cover your ears once you see the cannons at ceremonies
- Who else has the option of going to Hawaii and Alaska?
- You know people might get lost finding an office on post but they always seem to know where the Class Six is
- Because you know the Army has the best commercial theme song ever…
How else do you know you might be an Army Wife?
Follow me on Google+
You might be an Army Wife if…