Looking for elf quotes to enjoy the holidays? Consider these cute quotes about elves to celebrate Christmas.
These are some of the best quotes about elves. As you can tell, believing in elves requires a bit of imagination and fun, and those two combined are never a bad thing at all.
There’s something magical about elves. As a young child, you may have believed in elves and now you’re an adult who’s lost the belief in those magical little creatures. Today I’m going to bring the magic back to life with my top 25 quotes about elves.
Here are some of the best quotes about elves that I’m certain you’re going to love as well.
25 Magical Quotes about Elves
- “Or fairy elves, Whose midnight revels by a forest side Or fountain, some belated peasant sees, Or dreams he sees, while overhead the Moon Sits arbitress, and nearer to the Earth Wheels her pale course; they, on their mirth and dance Intent, with jocund music charm his ear; At once with joy and fear his heart rebounds.” – John Milton
- “I’m an elf. Well, technically, I’m a human, but I was raised by elves.” — Elf (2003), Will Ferrell
- “All those poor elves I haven’t set free yet, having to stay over during Christmas because there aren’t enough hats!” ― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- “Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars, not if you care for such things.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit or There and Back Again
- “We do not want merely to see beauty… we want something else which can hardly be put into words- to be united with the beauty we see, to pass into it, to receive it into ourselves, to bathe in it, to become part of it. That is why we have peopled air and earth and water with gods and goddesses, and nymphs and elves.” ― C.S. Lewis
- “Christmas, Santa, and elves: nothing else comes close to this fantasy.” – Anonymous
- “Yes, they are elves,” Legolas said. “and they say that you breathe so loud they could shoot you in the dark.” Sam hastily covered his mouth.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien
- “All writers have this vague hope that the elves will come in the night and finish any stories.” ― Neil Gaiman
- “The way to Elfin is found on the path. That weaves through the Misty Forest. That lives between the Mountain of Vision. And the River of Reality” ― The Silver Elves, The Magical Elven Love Letters, Volume 1
- “It’s easy to believe in magic when you’re young. Anything you couldn’t explain was magic then. It didn’t matter if it was science or a fairy tale. Electricity and elves were both infinitely mysterious and equally possible – elves probably more so.” ― Charles de Lint
- “Her eyes the glow-worm lend thee, The shooting stars attend thee; And the elves also, Whose little eyes glow Like the sparks of fire, befriend thee.” – Robert Herrick
- “But, in spite of all the criticizing elves, Those who would make us feel, must feel themselves.” – Charles Churchill
- “A world in which elves exist and magic works offer greater opportunities to digress and explore.” – Terry Brooks
- “Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both no and yes.” – J. R. R. Tolkien
- “All those poor elves I haven’t set free yet, having to stay over during Christmas because there aren’t enough hats!” – J. K. Rowling
- “We elves try to stick to the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corns, and syrup.” – Buddy The Elf
- “If elves were real and there is only one Santa, then the elves could definitely take over the North Pole if there were an uprising.” – Anonymous
- “The tears of elves are what make Christmas happen.” – Anonymous
- “Christmas is a necessity. There has to be at least one day of the year to remind us that we’re here for something else besides ourselves.” –Eric Sevareid
- “God is the Lord, of angels, and of men… and of elves. Legend and History have met and fused” ― J.R.R. Tolkien, Tales from the Perilous Realm
- “The most epic tales of magic, have both a beginning and an end. Magic, itself, knows no such bounds.” ― Greg Ricker, The Ambersham: Book One of The Lords Of Lynnwood
- “The elves are a very fun-loving, happy people that cherish their families and have a symphonic relationship with nature that is inseparable from their spirit. Maybe nature is their spirit. It’s all very mysterious.” ― Ravek Hunter, The Fallen
- “A lich guards his phylactery like an elf guards his salad.” ― Jeffery Russell, The Dungeoneers
- “Elves know a lot and are wondrous folk for news and know what is going on among the peoples of the land as quick as water flows, or quicker.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit or There and Back Again
- “Elves don’t shimmer” ― David Rangel
I hope that you enjoyed reading these 25 quotes about elves. From movie quotes, to book quotes, and everything in between these lovely quotes about elves will surely inspire you to believe in a little magic today.
- 150+ Funny Christmas Puns To Share
- 25 Funny Christmas Quotes To Give You The Giggles This Holiday Season
- 100+ Cute Christmas Captions For Your Holiday Pictures