Looking to turn over a new page? Here are some quotes about doors so you feel inspired to close one door and open another.
These quotes about doors will make you realize that even though one door closes, there is always another one opening. When times feel difficult, stay positive, and know in your heart that something better is going to come along.
When one door closes another door opens is what people say. Having a door shut when we wanted so badly to have that option available can be a tough pill to swallow. The thing about doors opening and doors closing is that you’ll eventually realize that we are given a chance in certain situations or not because there’s something better down the road for us.
Here are 25 quotes about doors to help you see the true beauty behind every door that opens and closes in your life.
25 Quotes About Doors
- “Don’t waste a minute not being happy. If one window closes, run to the next window- or break down a door.” – Brooke Shields
- “Happiness often sneaks in through a door you didn’t know you left open.” – John Barrymore
- “We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we’re curious… and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” – Walt Disney
- “Often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.” – Helen Keller
- “The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential… these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence.” – Confucius
- “If you do follow your bliss you put yourself on a kind of track that has been there all the while, waiting for you, and the life that you ought to be living is the one you are living… Follow your bliss and don’t be afraid, and doors will open where you didn’t know they were going to be.” – Joseph Campbell
- “Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors where there were only walls.” – Joseph Campbell
- “Be an opener of doors.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “I feel very adventurous. There are so many doors to be opened, and I’m not afraid to look behind them.” – Elizabeth Taylor
- “You have to come to your closed doors before you get to your open doors… What if you knew you had to go through 32 closed doors before you got to your open door? Well, then you’d come to closed door number eight and you’d think, ‘Great, I got another one out of the way’… Keep moving forward.” – Joel Osteen
- “The door to happiness opens outward.” – Soren Kierkegaard
- “Knowledge of what is does not open the door directly to what should be.” – Albert Einstein
- “Close some doors today. Not because of pride, incapacity or arrogance, but simply because they lead you nowhere.” – Paulo Coelho
- “He who opens a school door closes a prison.” – Victor Hugo
- “Follow your bliss and don’t be afraid, and the door will open where you didn’t know they were going to be.” – Joseph Campbell
- “Be an opener of doors for such as come after thee.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Don’t spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door.” – Coco Chanel
- “Opportunity does not knock, it presents itself when you beat down the door.” – Kyle Chandler
- “The door you open to giving love is the very one through which love arrives.” – Alan Cohen
- “It’s human nature to start taking things for granted again when danger isn’t banging loudly on the door.” – David Hackworth
- “I learned a long time ago from David Mamet to wipe your feet at the door, get it out on stage and then go about your life.” – Patti LuPone
- “Beauty opened all the doors; it got me things I didn’t even know I wanted, and things I certainly didn’t deserve.” – Janice Dickinson
- “When the doors of opportunity swing open, we must make sure that we are not too drunk or too indifferent to walk through.” – Jesse Jackson
- “There is always one moment in childhood when the door opens and lets the future in.” – Graham Greene
- “In oneself lies the whole world and if you know how to look and learn, the door is there and the key is in your hand. Nobody on earth can give you either the key or the door to open, except yourself.” – Jiddu Krishnamurti
Each of these quotes about doors should remind you to be patient and kind. Remember that life has a funny way of working out. If you recently had something close on you and now you’re wondering what’s next, these quotes about doors should help you feel more positive about another door opening soon.
- 25 Powerful Quotes About Confidence To Improve Your Self-Esteem
- 25 Best Quotes About Doing the Right Thing To Help Inspire You
- 25 Best Quotes About Decisions That We Face Every Day